Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My style(s)...ish

So I took this quiz (http://iscd.edu.au/personal-style-quiz) today to see how it defined me. As a person. With these things usually, I get some mixture of comfortable/shabby chic/eclectic. And I'd say that fits...to a point. But I've been moving towards cleaner lines lately...and I'm awfully bored at work...so I thought I'd take a shot and see what happened.

So who am I?

Well it all started with this mood board, picked from their choices:



All of which were faithfully picked. But when this was the result, I felt a little misplaced. I blame it all on the beverage choice one really, as shown below.




I don't really like beer, super dislike mineral water (but I do really enjoy a glass of ice water so that caused a moment of anguish...are they...in the design way of thinking...the same thing?!?! i decided no and continued), enjoy champagne but feared it would pigeonhole me into french country or something, so decided on green tea, which of all the featured beverages I'd pick to drink if they were laid before me on a table. With sugar, hopefully. But apparently that doesn't factor into my design persona.




And voila, I'm...Eastern Boho? I do think a lot of the (flattering) description applies to me...but I am just really not into eastern things. For about a year I had a very Asian tv armoire in my bedroom, and it felt weird and...that just insn't me! So I tried it again, with some other choices that are just as true...because the paint color option was a toughie also. And this time my board looked like:



I came out to be:




And as is so often the case...the truth is somewhere in the middle. Throw them in a blender, turn the clean, Asian themed lines into something more along the lines of Swedish, and I think we're closer to how I put myself in my home. I must admit, however, that I am not as immune to trends as ISCD tries to give me credit for. I have a tendency to fall a little for things I see in magazines...and give in a little more each time I see it somewhere. I mean I hated Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back the first time I heard it, and now after being inundated by the radio....have come to love it. This is just a tendency I try to fight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment